This course is for people over 60 years young. As we age, our abilities, depth perception and other factors create a set of unique needs that this course is addressing. New shooters are welcome as this course is specifically created for new owners!
This comprehensive course provides hands-on training and the basic knowledge necessary to safely handle, load, fire and maintain most types of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Classroom and range time offer ample opportunity to achieve the skills for success in a casual, stress-free environment.
- Our Range is completely private and open, where students and instructors can utilize the facility with ability to move. It is not a lane in the public range, it is a private 100’ long tactical range with no lane dividers.
- 4 universal safety rules
- Components and operation of modern pistols and revolvers
- Types, components and purposes of modern ammunition
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the handgun
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, accidental discharges, etc…)
- Know your gun
- Loading and unloading
- Grip and stance
- Basic elements of marksmanship
- Ready positions – including sitting and wheelchair
- Fundamentals of basic shooting techniques
- Live range practice
Duration: 1 hr
Tuition: $50 group / $100 private