This course teaches the skills set and necessary techniques to avoid self inflicting wounds and bad practices.
Most violent encounters that might be threatening your life are very unexpected and thus the ability to quickly draw your gun is a very important skill.There is much to consider: identification, location, number of suspects, lighting, terrain, cover and concealment, movement, bystanders and backdrops.
- Our Range is completely private and open, where students and instructors can utilize the facility with ability to move. It is not a lane in the public range, it is a private 100’ long tactical range with no lane dividers.
Prerequisite: Completion of Basic Defensive Pistol is strongly recommended prior to registration. Students can test out of basic courses based on their ability to demonstrate proficient handling of the firearm.
- Safety rules
- Accident prevention to avoid self inflicting wounds
- Speed vs accuracy
- Elements of movement while shooting
- After action drills
- Tactical reload
- Live fire drills
- IWB/OWB holster that can secure weapon effectively
- Appropriate clothing for active shooting
- Appropriate belt to secure equipment
- Baseball hat (highly recommended)
- Eye and ear protection
Duration: 1 hr
Tuition: $50 group / $100 private